There is a lot that I don’t know about the world. I mean, really, isn’t that everyone?
For example, I didn’t know I could catch poison ivy from my dog’s fur and now have a breakout on my left hand (my wrapped-up fingers make this post randomly difficult to type, btw).
Well, while working on the sets for the pre-k plays previously posted, I learned something that I guess should’ve crossed my mind but it didn’t. It started innocently enough. I was using my glue gun to make the costumes/masks for the various characters in the plays. I had gone across the room to cut animal faces on my cricut expression 2 and I’m glad I was across the room because my glue gun burst into flames. No joke, it spontaneously combusted! Luckily, it was only a small fire and I was able to blow it out and then dispose of the ruined glue gun.
Did anyone else know that could happen? I know it’s hot and plugged into an outlet and all but, seriously?!?! Crazy biz. It’s a good thing I had an extra glue gun so I didn’t have to run out to Michael’s or Hobby Lobby.
Any one else have a story of spontaneous combustion to share?