Cruise 2012 Pt 2: I like to BE places but I don’t like to travel

I don’t remember my first experiences on an airplane.  According to my mother, my flight from Sante Fe, NM to DFW airport was quite unpleasant as I spent the ENTIRE flight crying.  Hey, I was a baby!  It’s not like I did it on purpose.

Anyway, I hadn’t been on a plane since and (Confession!) I was quite nervous about it.  My mom hadn’t flown since 9/11 and so she wasn’t so comfortable either.

Now, if you know me at all, you know I’m KINDA a control-freak and how I control unknown situations is by over-preparing myself with information.  Suffice it to say that I am probably the expert on the American Airlines website.

Packing was quite a disaster.  Since I am not an avid traveler, I had no luggage…..okay, I have a mongo suitcase that is too big (I measured it) and would cost $200 to use (I know!  Ridiculous!).  Luckily, my mom was stressing just as much so we went and bought luggage.  Here is an example of what I bought:

I didn’t get all three of these pieces but I did get the smallest as my carry-on and the matching tote (not pictured).  Caitlan got new luggage as well (same print but teal instead of pink).  Now the real work began: Packing!

I would go into it all but I will say:  I had to pack EVERYONE!  My mom was completely stressed about it and Cait just didn’t know where to start so, yes, I packed everyone.  We ended up sharing a checked bag and then each having our own carry-on.  I am quite the packer extraordinaire.

We had a great flight from DFW to Boston even though I did have to grab Caitlan’s hand a couple times (like when I jumped as the plane landed).  We were exhausted because we had to get up 2:30am to drive the hour to the airport and arrive 90 minutes before our flight.  We were starving because no one wanted a stomach illness on the plane.

But here’s where it got rough……we paid $23 per person to be picked up at the airport and driven to the port.  Our contact met us and an older couple at baggage claim and told us it would be about 20 minutes until the next bus arrived to take us to Port Boston.  30 minutes later, she told us that the bus came by but didn’t see anyone so took off.  One hour later, she told us the bus had a mechanical issue and they were sending another from the bus company.

3 hours later, we called Carnival and let them know the situation and to not LEAVE us.  FINALLY, the bus arrived…….but it didn’t end there.

After getting on the bus, the man of the couple that had waited for 3 hours with us decided to tell the driver of the bus, “You aren’t very good at your job.”  Now, I’m not the nicest person person but, even when I’m upset about something, I TRY to be somewhat polite if not very polite.

The bus driver (whilst driving through the terminals) turned around to yell at the man that it wasn’t his fault.  My mother and I were then yelling at him to watch the road.  It was scary to say the least.

We finally arrived at Port Boston and got checked in……

….into our balcony room!

Oh yeah!

Thankfully, all safe and sound.

Thanks for reading!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s