My first Music Connections Bulletin Board looked like this. It’s not bad or anything. I’m not a huge fan of the pink cheetah print but I already had it. All the letters were cut using my cricut.
So, the next year, I redid it with new fabric and some cute border I just LOVE.
Again, I used the Cricut. Herein lies the problem……each of those letters, circles, and everything has to be attached. I use permanent glue for the elements in each piece and then staple the main pieces to the bulletin board. Even with children not running their hands all over it (I don’t understand it either), pieces started to bend and peel. I COULD laminate it but I don’t really like how laminating looks and, let’s be real, laminators are not always dependable. I’ve ruined just as much stuff as I’ve saved by laminating.
So, this year, I decided to not recut everything. I could have just left the above version up and fixed the peeling, bending pieces. Instead, I made these last night. In the event that they bend or tear, I can just reprint it instead of spending the time cutting each piece on my cricut yet again.
I haven’t put it together yet. I’m going to keep the basics on the board and just replace the cut subject pieces for these. You can purchase a similar kit http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Cara-At-Miscellaneousme